My cousin made this for Easter once and everybody said it was delicious and very light (I couldn’t taste it because I wasn’t allowed to eat anything containing gluten at the time).
I tried it shortly after I was allowed gluten again and I loved it!!
It’s perfect for garden parties in summer or for not so hot days all through the year because the sourness of the lemon and the light taste of the meringue make it kinda “spritzy”.
10.6 oz whole grain cookies
2.8 oz soft butter
10.6 oz sweetend condensed milk
2 fl.oz of lemon juice (~ 2 lemons)
5.3 oz granulated sugar or caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 374 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Crumble the cookies and combine with butter in a blender.
- Fill into a baking pan (24cm) and spread evenly. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Combine egg yolks and condensed milk and mix for 6 minutes until foamy.
- Add the lemon juice and spread on the cooled cake bottom.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites, sugar and baking powder and mix until stiff and will stand.
- Spread “cloud-like” on the filling.
- Bake at 338 degrees F (170 degrees C) in the bottom rack for 30 minutes.
To make them gluten free, use gluten free cookies and cream of tartar.